For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
Other programmes


Are you a student or doctoral candidate and do you have problems studying, personal problems, ADHD or autism? The UvA's psychologists can provide you with various types of support, such as groups, workshops, training sessions and consultations.

Who can get support?

  • Students at the UvA and HvA do not need a referral
  • PhD students at the UvA do not need a referral. We can offer you short-term help with psychological and other problems that are hampering your PhD or your life as a PhD student.
  • AHK, HH and InHolland students - only on referral from their student counsellor

What can you come to us for?

When you have study problems, such as

  • a lack of motivation and concentration
  • a tendency to put work off and a lack of discipline
  • fear of failure, fear of exams, fear of writing, fear of giving presentations
  • stress and worrying excessively about your studies
  • study delay, internship problems, graduation problems

When you have personal problems that stand in the way of studying, such as

  • family problems, for example a difficult relationship with your parents, or absent, divorced, sick or deceased parents
  • difficulties in establishing or maintaining contact with people
  • worrying, general insecurity, negative self-image, being too strict on yourself when it comes to studying
  • slight to moderate despondency, anxiety or tension complaints

If you have study problems due to ADD, ADHD or autism

If you have study problems due to ADD, ADHD or autism or want to prevent them, you can make use of the extra study support provided by the UvA/HvA.

  • Study support for ADD, ADHD

Studying with ASD (information in Dutch)

  • Study support for ADD, ADHD

Studying with ADD, ADHD (information in Dutch)

When your current psychotherapeutic treatment pays insufficient attention to your study problems 

We will see if we can help you with this in consultation with your practitioner.

Sign up

Sign up for a group or an individual appointment

What can you not come to us for?

Not if your problems:

  • are health problems,
  • are of a serious nature, or
  • have existed for some time

In these cases, it is better to visit your doctor. Together with you, he or she can find out what is going on and, if necessary, refer you to the Practice Supporting Care Provider, the Dutch Association of Mental Health and Addiction Care (GGZ) Basic/Generalist or the GGZ Specialist.

Not if you are being treated elsewhere and you are dissatisfied with the treatment

It is advisable to discuss your dissatisfaction with your practitioner or with whoever referred you to this practitioner. In most cases, this is your family doctor.

Read more about our groups, workshops and training courses

Read more about our support and costs


Other assistance

UvA General Practitioners Practice (Oude Turfmarkt)

If you live in Amsterdam, you can register with the Student Doctors’ general practitioners practice. In case of emergency or crisis you can contact the UvA General Practitioners Practice.

Information about the UvA General Practitioners Practice