As web editor of the Faculty of Economics and Business, you will bear final responsibility for the English web texts. The Faculty has the largest international community of the University of Amsterdam, meaning that much of the communication takes place in English. For this reason, we need a web editor who can ensure the quality of our English (web) texts.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for the final editing of the English (web) texts written by our colleagues, making any necessary changes
- You will write English (web) texts, edit texts written by others and publish them on the website
- You will translate short pieces of text from Dutch to English
- You will work closely with the Online Content Specialist to provide the weekly Dutch and English newsletter
- Together with the web team, you will contribute to the rapid and proper handling of web requests from the organisation.
Which skills are required?
- You will be proficient in English (preferably a native speaker); working knowledge of Dutch is highly desirable
- You will have at least three years of proven professional experience in web editing and copy writing
- You will have experience of working with a CMS, preferably Hippo
What can we offer?
- An enjoyable role in which you can use your experience to ensure high-quality English (web) texts
- An enthusiastic team of web editors and marketers who would like to work with you
- An international working environment with students and scientists to inspire you.
- For more information about the Faculty and its Schools, visit our website
- For more information about the job you can call Marja van der Meer, Manager Marketing & Communication, T: 06-36506345.