The application for the September 2020 intake is open until 15 January 2020.
After registering in Studielink, you will receive an email with your 8-digit UvA student number (UvAnetID) and an email with instructions for the next step of the online application process. The online application system is called Embark.
Online application procedure in Embark
Follow the instructions sent to you by email after registering in Studielink. You will be directed to start your online application in the Embark system.
Start your application in Embark by creating a new account. Please note: this is not connected to Studielink or your UvAnetID, you need to create a separate account in Embark. Should you have technical issues with the Embark system, you can get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start your application
Completing your online application
A complete application form consists of:
- Proof of identity (Passport, EU ID card etc)
- UvAnetID/studentnumber (after registration in Studielink you can start the application with an inactive UvAnetID)
- Motivation letter for a scholarship (if applicable)
- Diploma + transcript (grades) when you already finished secondary school. Or final secondary school gradelist of 2018/19 and a gradelist of 2019/20 with grades obtained so far when you did not finish secondary school yet.
- If your diploma and/or transcripts are not in English, Dutch or German (Abitur), we need an official translation as well as the original document.
- English language test score (if applicable)
- Select your preferred Selection test date, keeping in mind you will receive access to online study materials in the week preceding the online selection test
- Provide contact details of your supervisor (name + email) for the selection test in February or March 2020
The deadline to finish your application in Embark is 15 January 2020.
Check out this video about the Embark application
If you have questions regarding admission and/or application process, please contact the Admissions Office.