Application form for free movers
Independent students who meet the admission requirements can apply for a place in the UvA Exchange programme in Law through the form below. Please upload the following documents:
- a curriculum vitae in English
- certified copies of your academic transcripts in English
- a proof of your English language proficiency (IELTS / TOEFL / CAE)
Please submit all additional documentation as per the instructions on the form and make sure your records are up to date.
Application deadlines for independent exchange students (free movers) who wish to study at the Amsterdam Law School:
- 1 May for the Fall semester (September-January)
- 15 October for the Spring semester (February-July)
Tuition fee for free movers
Free movers (independent exchange students) pay a tuition fee. Regular exchange students do not have to pay a tuition fee to the University of Amsterdam. They stay registered at their home university and pay tuition fees there.
- The tuition fee for free movers is €6.000 per semester. The fee covers tuition, orientation and transcript processing.
Tuition fee payment
After being fully admitted to the UvA Law independent exchange programme, you will receive an invoice of the University of Amsterdam. The total tuition fee should be paid at least 4 weeks before the start of classes in the relevant semester. Please note that students who miss the payment deadline will be deregistered from the programme.