Where do our graduates work?
- Head of Communications at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (non-profit development organisation)
- Branding consultant and project manager at Sustainable Brands (commerce community)
- Policy officer at NWO (Dutch organisation for scientific research)
- Research Associate at the Netherlands Centre for Social Care Research
- Operations Manager at Niños de Guatemala (international non-governmental organization)
- Management Trainee at ABN AMRO bank
- Associate Adviser at Diversion (consultants for diversity management and projects)
- Advisor and Project Manager at the Municipality of Amsterdam
- Researcher Programmes at IKON TV (a Dutch Broadcasting Company)
In a world of increasing globalisation, the Master’s degree in Anthropology equips you with highly relevant skills, such as knowledge of qualitative research methods, including participant observation and interviewing, and the ability to:
- independently devise, implement, evaluate and report on a large-scale project
- develop networks
- write well and argue cohesively
- present your own work and ideas effectively
- attune to the complexity and diversity of the anthropological discipline
- understand and deal effectively with intercultural interactions and situations
- obtain in-depth knowledge on a given topic in a short period of time.
Career coaching during your Master's
You can make use of a wide variety of career tools and support from the UvA Student Careers Centre (SCC) during your studies. The SCC organises career events, workshops, training courses, as well as CV checks, interview practice sessions and much more.
The UvA Student Careers Centre organises several events for Bachelor's and Master's students from all disciplines. They include workshops, labour market trends, inspiring speakers, CV check, contact with employers, having a professional LinkedIn photo taken and best practises for applying to jobs.