More than 30 Bachelor's and Master's courses were nominated by students and programme committees in recent weeks. The jury, including the 2021 winner Imogen Cohen, shortlisted six Bachelor's subjects:
- Anglo-Saxon England: Language and Society (Bachelor's English Language and Culture) - Robert Cloutier
- The Climate Emergency. The History of a Crisis (Bachelor's History) - Peter van Dam
- European Politics Simulation Exercise (Bachelor's European Studies) - Andrew Telford
- Hoe genocide begint. Vervolging, massamoord, genocide in vergelijkend perspectief (Bachelor's History) – Uğur Ümit Üngör
- Taalvaardigheid Duits 1-4 (Bachelor's German Studies) - Roswitha Dickens en Britta Bendieck
The courses have a chance to win three prizes: the prize for the best course, the prize for the most innovative course and the Audience Award.