Under certain strict conditions, it is possible to depart from the provisions relating to the curricula as established in the Teaching and Examination Regulations and submit a request for a free curriculum.
- For every free curriculum, general terms and conditions have been established with which the curriculum must comply (see below).
- In addition, the Examinations Board will decide whether or not to grant the request based on the quality and coherence of the proposed curriculum.
- For advice regarding the design and structure of the curriculum, students can contact the study adviser.
- Submit the request to the Examinations Board upon registration for the programme, by using the form Other requests.
- Include a detailed explanation of your motivation and an overview of knowledge and skills you expect to have gained upon completion of the curriculum.
- Please also include a summary of the courses and the workload per course, as well as an annual schedule.
General terms and conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply to the assessment of a free curriculum Master's programme:
- The curriculum must comprise a minimum of 60 ECTS, including a thesis worth a minimum of 18 ECTS.
- The curriculum must comprise only Master's level components.