When does the programme start?
Both the Master's and pre-Master's programme start in September and February.
On which day are classes and lectures held?
Classes and lectures are scheduled only on Fridays between 9:00 and 17:00.
What is the duration of the programme?
The Master's programme takes 18 months. If you are required to take a pre-Master's, it will take a maximum of one semester (6 months).
What degree will I obtain?
Upon completing the programme, you will receive a Master of Science (MSc) degree from the University of Amsterdam. You may then use the title MSc.
Which accreditation does this Master’s programme have?
The Executive Programme in Management Studies (MSc) is accredited by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
Amsterdam Business School is part of a select group with a 'Triple Crown', accredited by AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS. Worldwide, only 1% of all business schools/faculties with business programmes (approximately 14,000) have managed to achieve this prestigious status.
The University of Amsterdam is ranked 55 in the QS Ranking 2021. The highest ranked Dutch university in this ranking. The UvA is in the top 5% universities globally.
What is the study load during the programme?
The study load is approximately 20 - 22 hours per week, including lectures approximately 6 hours for two lectures on Fridays. Attendance at Friday lectures is mandatory.
What are the admission criteria?
In order to be admitted to the pre-Master’s or Master’s programme, you should have:
- a research based university degree or a degree from a university of applied sciences (hbo), including demonstrable knowledge of business subjects;
- relevant working experience;
- sufficient education in mathematics. For Dutch prospective students, we require a VWO or HAVO diploma including mathematics. Dutch prospective students who do not have a VWO or HAVO diploma may be requested to take a mathematics entrance test (Toelatingstoets wiskunde). If you are not Dutch, contact us to see whether you have sufficient mathematics skills.
What arguments will convince my employer of this Master's?
- You will combine work and study, so you will bring acquired knowledge directly into your organisation;
- Your assignments and thesis will be about issues that play a role within your organisation. This gives your employer the opportunity to use this knowledge in order to solve strategic and operational business challenges;
- You will expand your network with students and alumni from the programme and Amsterdam Business School;
- You will study at an internationally renowned business school, part of the University of Amsterdam.
How can I apply for this programme?
You can apply online.
What is the tuition fee?
The tuition fee is €18,950 for the Master’s programme (18 months) *.
A pre-Master's programme takes maximum a half a year and may cost €4,400 or less, depending on your prior education*.
VAT does not apply to the tuition fees.
*Fees apply for new students starting the programme from September 2022.
The Executive Programme in Management Studies is a non-funded programme. Regular tuition fees for Dutch and EU students or Non EU students do not apply.
You can pay the fees in monthly instalments.
Is it possible to get a loan for the tuition fee?
Yes. The Dutch government provides loans for students combining work and study: the lifelong learning credit (Levenlanglerenkrediet). This loan is applicable only to the Master’s programme, it is not applicable to the pre-Master's programme.