The Amsterdam Centre for Middle Eastern Studies Amsterdam (ACMES) intends to award two prizes for Best BA thesis (€ 150 in book vouchers) and Best MA thesis (€ 250 in book vouchers) in Middle Eastern Studies for work completed at the UvA during the academic year 2017/18.
- Applicants must have been registered (full or part-time) students at the UvA for the academic year 2016/17;
- Submissions should focus on the Middle East;
- Submissions can be made in either English or Dutch;
- The thesis must have been successfully submitted in the academic year 2015/16;
- The thesis should have received a grade of 8 or more.
Applicants must submit their thesis (pdf format) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a certification of timely submission from the studentenbalie. Submissions should be accompanied by the supervisor’s evaluation and should arrive no later than Friday 6 October 2017, 18:00. For further details please contact: Farid Boussaid, the chairman of the jury (email@example.com).
The ACMES Steering Board will appoint a jury that selects the best MA and BA thesis. The jury will be selected based on the fields in which the theses have been written.
Prizes will be formally awarded at the Centre’s December thesis award meeting.