What are you going to do?
Tasks will include:
- completion and defence of a PhD thesis within the contract period;
- regular presentation of intermediate research results at workshops and conferences;
- participation in the Faculty of Humanities PhD training programme.
- teaching courses at BA-level in the 2nd and 3rd year of the appointment (0,2 fte per year).
What do we ask of you
- A completed Master’s degree in a field relevant to the proposed PhD project and the research areas of AHM. You may apply if you have not yet completed your Master's degree only if you provide a signed letter from your supervisor stating that you will graduate before 1 September 2020;
- excellent command of English;
- excellent research skills.
The PhD candidate at the Faculty of Humanities will be employed within AHM. The employment contract will be for 4 years for 38 hours per week-1 FTE (including 0,2 teaching in the second and third years of the employment contract) under the terms of employment currently valid for the Faculty. Initially, a contract will be given for 16 months, with an extension for the following 32 months on the basis of a positive evaluation after 12 months. The starting date of the contract is 1 September 2020.