Top-5 reasons to study Data Science and Business Analytics at UvA
- Excellent career prospects
Data science is applied in a wide range of business fields. Prepare for a career in one of the most sought-after professions in the world today.
- Full-range programme
Learn how to design and improve the marketplaces of the future. This MSc offers you the opportunity to build up knowledge and practice with all business areas: marketing, finance, operations management and human resource management.
- Solve real business cases
Team-up with your fellow students to find solutions for complex business and organisational issues.
- Contribute to companies, businesses and institutions operating in a data-driven society
Learn how to use cutting-edge techniques to influence an organisation’s strategic decisions.
- UvA's wordwide ranking (top-70)
Earning your MSc at the University of Amsterdam means that you will have studied at one of the best universities in the world.
- We are one of the few Dutch universities ranked in the global top 100 (QS Rankings and Times Higher Education World University Ranking).
- We traditionally house a large Economics and Business department that operates in the frontline of research in these fields. You will interact with appraised professors, researchers and industry experts who will give you front-row access to the latest theories, tools and practices.
Unravel and interpret big data
The MSc Data Science and Business Analytics is designed with input and feedback from leading big data companies. Expect to explore one of the most exciting developments in today’s business. Both business and academic experts will help you develop the mindset and use the latest techniques to unravel and interpret the vast amounts of data that organisations have to deal with today.
- Prepare for a career as a data specialist in the economics and business environment.
- Acquire deep insight into developments that are revolutionising today's economy.
- Become an expert in a new field that taps into the surge of consumer data.
|Average time to find a job after graduation:
||< 4 months
|Average starting salary:
Graduates can be found in a wide variety of private and public organisations, such as:
- private sector and multinationals
- financial institutions and banks
- research departments of large public and private organisations
- public agencies and NGOs
Is the Master’s in Data Science and Business Analytics for you?
If you recognise yourself in the following profile, this Master’s programme could be the right choice for you.
- You have demonstrable knowledge and skills in econometrics, probability and mathematical statistics, linear algebra, calculus or analysis.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are capable of abstract and analytical thinking.
- You are capable of working independently and in groups.
- You show initiative.
Studying Data Science and Business Analytics?
Take 60 seconds to find out why you should study our Master's in Data Science and Business Analytics:
This new programme is currently being processed for accreditation by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO). Unfortunately, the accreditation process is delayed and cannot be completed before the new academic year in September 2020 due to the corona crisis. We expect the accreditation process to be finalised in the coming academic year.
- Are you an EU student or a student with a Dutch academic degree who meets the entry requirements and wants to start this year? Then you can start in September 2020 with the Data Science and Business Analytics track of our Master’s Econometrics. You will follow this track in the 1st semester and transfer to the Master’s Data Science and Business Analytics programme in the 2nd semester. After successful completion of these 2 semesters, you obtain the Master’s degree in Data Science and Business Analytics. Sign up for more information about the conditions and application.
- Are you interested and would you like more general information? Sign up for updates about the programme and accreditation process.