CREA Muziekzaal (please register below)
13.00 Symposium ‘Resilient minds, resilient worlds’
(moderator: Brenda Jansen)
- 13:00-13:05 Welcome (Joost Agelink van Rentergem Zandvliet)
- 13:05-13:20 Geert-Jan Stams (Pedagogical Sciences): What developmental factors determine resilience? Who is resilient and who is not?
- 13:20-13:35 Han van der Maas (Psychology): The mathematics of resilience: A practical session
- 13:35-13:50 Disa Sauter (Psychology): How can we strengthen resilience through positive emotions?
- 13:50-14:05 Arnoud Arntz (Psychology): What means does a psychotherapist have to develop more resilience in patients?
- 14:05-14:30 Panel discussion
- 14:15-14:30 Break
(moderator: Agneta Fischer)
- 14:45-14:30 Marieke Fransen (Communication Science): Mindfulness as a way to resist the unconscious effects of marketing
- 14:30-15:00 Allard Feddes (Psychology): How can we build a society that’s resilient to extremism? What social measures could prevent people to radicalize?
- 15:00-15:15 Gijs Schumacher (Political Science): How can politicians and political parties create (national) resilience against populism? Which persuasive means do they have at their disposal (emotions, rhetoric, personality, policy)?
- 15:15-15:30 Katusha Sol (Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies; co-founder Placemakers): How can we make cities more inclusive? And how does that make them more resilient?
- 15:30-15:40 Panel discussion
- 15:40 Final thoughts (Joost Agelink van Rentergem Zandvliet)
16.00 Open Office Tour
Building G (REC-G)
Hall Building G (REC-G)