1-on-1 coaching and personal development
Your Career Service Manager will help you define and plan your career path. You start with a comprehensive intake and continue with one-on-one coaching sessions during the academic year. The coaching sessions are based on your needs and the area of improvement. Together you develop a personal and professional development plan to achieve your career goals. The Career Service Manager will actively assist you in your job search by presenting different internship or job opportunities. You will work on various career-related tasks, such as identifying your strengths and weaknesses, CV and cover letter writing and job interview preparation.
You can attend several career workshops in which external trainers, recruiters and hiring managers discuss a range of topics, including:
- Professional networking, presentation and communication skills
- Personal branding
- Effective networking with social media
- Speed interview training
- Employment contract and negotiations
- How to make a career switch
- Time management and smart reading
- Stress management
You have the opportunity to attend all sorts of interesting career events throughout the academic year. Whether at the Amsterdam Business School or at companies, these events are prime opportunities for you to network, learn more about a company's corporate culture and meet its employees and hiring managers. We have organised career events with several companies, including Shell, Uber, Stryker, Microsoft, Avanade, Tesla, Booking.com and ING.
Dutch job market for international graduates
If you wish to stay in the Netherlands after your graduation, we provide you with job postings and connect you with alumni to increase your chances of finding your dream job here. The careers office is open on an ad-hoc basis to alumni looking to prepare for an interview, revise career goals or get feedback on their CV.
If you consider developing your career in the Netherlands, the Dutch government permits international graduates from Dutch institutions to spend 12 months post-graduation working as highly skilled migrants. During this period, you have unrestricted access to the Dutch labour market. To be successful, we advise you to start building your network immediately after starting your studies. For more information on immigration for international students, please visit Nuffic or our UvA Student Services.
Extended MIF alumni network
By building and growing your network, you increase your opportunities on the job market. As an Executive MSc in International Finance student you will have access to our extensive MIF alumni network.
As an alumnus you also receive:
- An invitation for the annual alumni event, an excellent networking opportunity.
- Life Long Learning: professional and personal development opportunities for alumni, including career planning, skills development, continued studying, etc.
- UvA email for life: stay close to your alma mater and use your personal UvA alumni email address.
- Career services: up to 6 months after your graduation you can schedule an appointment for individual coaching and career counselling.
- The opportunity to join our MIF LinkedIn Group.
Do you have any questions about the Executive MSc in International Finance? Please contact: