1. Academic Bachelor's degree
Applicants holding the following degrees and courses are eligible to apply:
- academic Bachelor's degree in (Business) Economics or Business administration with a specialisation in Finance, Real Estate Finance or other relevant field.
- At least 15 EC of courses in Finance (should include: Investments, Corporate Finance and Risk Management)
- Econometrics course (2nd or 3rd year course). It is required to upload a course description of this course in your online application.
- Applicants with Bachelor's degrees in other areas must in addition have proven knowledge of microeconomics, macroeconomics, accounting, mathematics and statistics at foundation-year level.
- Bachelor degrees of universities of applied science or Fachhochschule are not accepted.
- These other bachelor's degrees normally lead to direct admission.
Students applying to this program who meet the entry requirements are selected on their GPA. Therefore, all students applying are required to obtain an overall GPA of 7.0 with good grades on Econometrics/quantitative research methods and finance-related courses (e.g., Corporate Finance, Investment, Derivatives) all on intermediate level. If your GPA is lower than 7.0, we will take your application into account, but you will need excellent grades on the above mentioned courses.
Your GPA should be calculated over:
- all Bachelor's degree results (year 1-3), any additional Bachelor’s courses have to be included as well.
- If you have a Bachelor’s as well as a Master’s degree you need a GPA of 7.0 in the Bachelor’s or the Master’s.
- Send your GPA calculation along with your application, you do not have to update your GPA calculation after 1 June. The best students will be selected after the application at most 2 weeks after the application deadline of 1 June.
3. Motivation and initiative
Applicants are expected to have the intrinsic motivation to test and build upon this knowledge. Coursework is designed in keeping with this expectation and demands significant personal initiative and an active contribution on the part of the student. Applicants are asked to upload a motivation letter in their online application.