Why choose International Finance and Trade?
- Beside the 3 general courses of the MSc Economics in your curriculum, you will have 4 courses with focus on a macroeconomic approach to the international economy.
- You will learn from professors and experts working in a wide range of economic organisations and fields. Therefore, you have access to up-to-date cases and learnings from the field of international finance and trade.
- After graduation, you have an excellent job prospect at e.g. international organisations and corporations with international focus.
Watch Orlando's experiences with the MSc Economics. What is it like to study at UvA? What does he think of the programme, his fellow students and the campus?
Hi, I'm Isaac! I'm a Master’s student in Economics from the United States. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Isaac
Formulate new views and perspectives
Analyse the response of countries and international organisations to the instability of international capital flows, the management of international trade, the challenges of developing nations and learn to formulate views and perspectives on these and similar matters.
Graduates of the Master's programme in Economics/International Finance and Trade track have excellent job prospects for positions as researchers and experts in:
- At international organisations
- National organisations with international emphasis
- International corporations
- International finance
Is the Master's in Economics for you?
Studying economics gives you an understanding of the world we live in and its inner workings. If you have a natural interest in what makes the world tick, you have a head start. Economists analyse a situation, weigh up the evidence and draw various conclusions for policy action. A critical, analytical mind and the ability to think logically are crucial, as is having a way with numbers and an affinity for math.
Are you an ambitous student, but do you not yet meet the admission requirements for the Master’s programme? Start our pre-Master’s programme in September and gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to start your Master's.
Explore all MSc Economics tracks
International Finance and Trade is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Economics. Take a look at the other tracks.