Dr. M. Stella Morgana is a Lecturer at the Department of Political Science at the University of Amsterdam. She holds a Ph.D. in Humanities (History/Middle Eastern Studies) and an MA in Middle Eastern Studies from Leiden University. She received a BA in Islamic Studies from University of Naples "L'Orientale". Dr. Morgana also obtained two post-graduate diplomas in Journalism and Foreign Affairs from Luiss University of Rome and from University of Rome "Tor Vergata."
Her current research focuses on political and economic participation, labor history&politics and discourses of cultural hegemony in the Middle East and in Iran in particular.
Her articles have been published in the International Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, Middle East Institute, Iranian Studies, IRAN-British Journal of Persian Studies, The Conversation, HuffingtonPost US among others.
- International Relations of the Middle East (BA)
- The Politics of Labour and Inequality in the Middle East (MA)
- The Middle East: History, Politics and Economy (BA)
- The Middle East after the Arab Spring: Transitional Justice (MA)
- Climate Change and Environmental Politics in the Middle East (BA)
- Decolonial Practices: challenging race, coloniality, class (Research Project, BA thesis)
- Middle East: seminar