1. Secondary school diploma equivalent to the Dutch VWO
Check if your diploma meets our requirements
You can use the Diploma Calculator to check if your secondary school diploma meets our admissions requirement of being equivalent to the Dutch VWO. To use the diploma calculator:
- Type in your country or name of your diploma (for example "France" or "International Baccalaureate")
- Check under the section "Diploma Requirements"
- You will then see a list of diploma equivalencies and requirements for various University of Amsterdam programmes. Please only focus on the section under "Diploma Requirements".
- 2. A very good level of written and spoken English
- 3. Good mathematics skills
Average secondary school GPA
AUC students have on average a secondary school GPA of ≥7.5 in the Dutch system. When assessing an application we look at grades over a longer period of time to ensure that one poor exam does not receive too much weight. We are also attentive to explanations of why formal grade criteria are not met.
Characteristics of AUC students:
The AUC Admissions Committee looks for students with the following characteristics:
- academic excellence: you must demonstrate your ability to meet the academic demands of the AUC programme
- motivation and ambition to study an intensive and broad programme
- commitment to contribute to AUC's international student and campus life
If you do not (yet) meet the admission requirements, you can still apply. Small deficiencies in meeting our English and/or maths requirements will not prevent your application from being reviewed and you will be able to work toward rectifying these deficiencies before your intended start date at AUC. Any offer of a place at AUC will be on a conditional basis. The conditions will be specified in the letter offering you a place. You will have to meet those conditions before you can be admitted.