Watch this video about the Master's Law & Finance. You'll get a nice overview of the programme.
Download the Campus Tour App and visit the Roeterseiland Campus whenever it suits you! Get a taste of the atmosphere, solve quiz questions and let the campus come to life through augmented and virtual reality.
Is there an Honour’s programme for Master’s students?
Yes, if you are looking for more academic depth, the Academic Excellence Track can prove a challenging Honours programme option for you! It is designed for excellent law students with evident research talent. The programme can be pursued in addition to all LLM programmes (Dutch and English). You will receive advanced training in research methods and academic skills as well as gather first-hand research experience during a research internship at one of our research projects.
What will my career prospects be like?
The Master’s in Law & Finance is one of only a handful of degree programmes to address the worldwide demand for financial legal specialists. Graduates of this LLM programme typically find employment as:
- Lawyers in the corporate/transactional and financial practices of law firms
- Legal and compliance experts in the financial industry (including banks, insurance companies, and pension funds)
- Legal Counsel at in-house legal departments of multinational corporations and/or international organisations
- Legal and compliance officers for financial supervisory authorities
- Consultants to organisations including but not limited to think-tanks, accounting firms, and proxy advisors that require legal and financial expertise
- Academic researchers in law and finance.
- What does the study programme look like?
What is the Amsterdam Law Practice?
The Amsterdam Law School offers experiential education unique to the Netherlands. In the award winning educational programme the Amsterdam Law Practice, you learn by reflecting on who you are as a lawyer and how you want to contribute to society in the future. You apply your academic knowledge of the law and your learned skills by putting yourself in the shoes of a lawyer in real or simulated cases. For example, in clinics you will work on real cases. In simulations or law labs, practice is imitated.
You are taught by top lecturers from the field and you learn a lot from each other in a small group of motivated students. Within each Master’s programme it is possible to take at least 6 ECTS of experiential learning and up to 12 ECTS. The Amsterdam Law Practice won a Dutch Higher Education Award for innovative education in 2022.
Do you want more information about Law & Finance? Download our brochure and/or register so that we can keep you posted about open days and developments regarding this Master’s programme!
Another useful introduction video to our Master’s programme. (Note: Check details on this website and the last Meet & Ask session recording for more up-to-date information on the application procedure.)