The European Politics and External Relations programme prepares you for a career in (European) policy making, diplomacy, work with a non-governmental organisation (NGO), consultancies, and businesses, as well as academia.
In the past, our students have developed careers with
- government ministries (in the Netherlands and other European countries)
- European institutions (such as the European Commission and the Frontex border control agency)
- international organisations (such as the OECD)
- think tanks (such as Clingendael and the Hague Institute for Strategic Studies)
- consultancies (like &Maes)
- as well as obtaining PhD positions (at the UvA, the European University Institute, Central European University, among others).
Career coaching during your Master's
You can make use of a wide variety of career tools and support from the UvA Student Careers Centre (SCC) during your studies. The SCC organises career events, workshops, training courses, as well as CV checks, interview practice sessions and much more.
The UvA Student Careers Centre organises several events for Bachelor's and Master's students from all disciplines. They include workshops, labour market trends, inspiring speakers, CV check, contact with employers, having a professional LinkedIn photo taken and best practises for applying to jobs.