Online open day
Do you want to know more about Psychology? You can visit our online open day page any time to delve into this study programme. Watch videos, talk to students and deepen your knowledge. Or sign up for an online event or open day.
Major: Clinical Psychology Minor: Brain and Cognition
The primary focus of the Research Master’s programme is on developing critical, scientific thinking skills and teaching scientific knowledge and skills that are crucial for conducting high-quality psychological research. To this end the programme offers a series of advanced courses on scientific writing and presenting, research methods, statistics, and programming. The Research Master’s programme is firmly embedded in the psychology research programme at the University of Amsterdam, with specialised courses in an elective major – minor structure. These specialised courses are taught in informal, highly interactive small groups settings. Central to the Research Master’s programme are two separate research projects (Internship and Thesis), which may contribute to publications in international scientific journals.
Taught by international top researchers, the Research Master's programme offers a unique opportunity to further specialise in six major areas of psychology including:
- Brain & Cognition
- Clinical Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Methodology and Statistics
- Social Psychology
- Work & Organisational Psychology
Alumni from the Research master are very well qualified for
- a career in scientific research, for example starting in a PhD programme.
- a career in scientific or applied research
- or as a scientist-practitioner in organizations outside academia,
Is a Research Master's in Psychology for you?
- You have a critical mind and love to use it
- You enjoy doing research and would like to be part of the research community
- You like a challenge: research in psychology is complicated
- You find psychology deeply fascinating and cannot wait to explore the field
- You consider doing a PhD after your graduation