Student for a day
Spend a day at the UvA and discover what university studies and student life are really like. You will either shadow a student at the University or take part in a special sample programme for prospective students.
What does it involve?
‘Student for a day’ activities differ per programme. For some programmes, you will spend part of a day with a current student, attending a lecture/seminar and getting to know the campus. There will be plenty of time to ask questions and to become well acquainted with the study programme and the academic environment. Other study programmes offers a sample programme that will give you an idea of what it is like to be a university student.
Prospective students who already have a good idea of what study programme they wish to enrol in can sign up to become a student for a day. However, there are certain requirements:
- You must be in the final two years of pre-university secondary education (VWO) or have already obtained your qualification.
- You must have read up on the study programme that you would like to shadow. This means that you have reviewed the study programme description on the website and downloaded the brochure.
- You must have already attended an information day for that specific study programme or taken part in a taster session.
Amsterdam University College
- Amsterdam University College organises open days for prospective students. The open days include information sessions, sample lectures and a campus tour.
- Become a student for a day in Communication Science by registering and making an account. You can sign up for one of the dates listed in the webshop. One week before you visit the UvA, you will receive an email with the programme outline.
- To shadow a student from the European Studies programme, you can register and make an account. A student or information officer for that study programme will then contact you to set an appointment and plan the shadowing opportunity.
Literary Studies: Literary and Cultural Analysis
- To shadow a student from this Literary Studies programme, you can register and make an account. A student or information officer for that study programme will then contact you to set an appointment and plan the shadowing opportunity.
Media and Information
- To shadow a student from the Media and Information programme, you can register and make an account. A student or information officer for that study programme will then contact you to set an appointment and plan the shadowing opportunity.
Politics, Psychology Law and Economics (PPLE)
- The PPLE programme offers the opportunity to become a student for a day. Take a look at their events list to see when the next ‘Student for a day’ event will take place.
You can also shadow a student for many of the Dutch-taught Bachelor's programmes. Use the link below make an account and search for a shadowing opportunity.