Information for international students
Moving to a new city and beginning a new study is an exciting experience. To help you with the transition, we have various services and support facilities.
In this section, you can find out how to arrange your visa or residence permit, your insurance, and a place to live. If you have any general questions about practical matters or studying, our Student Service Desk is your first point of contact.
See information about:
- arranging visas, permits and insurance;
- housing, transportation and life in Amsterdam;
- working in the Netherlands;
- various forms of student support;
- the start appointment and our introduction days;
- studying with a disability or chronic illness.