UvA Press Office
The University of Amsterdam (UvA) Press Office is the first port of call for journalists contacting the University.
The press officers handle all incoming media enquiries and issue all statements to the media. These can cover both academic and policy-related information and general information. The UvA press officers also advise academic staff and managers on dealing with the media.
UvA agenda, news feed and 'High Priorities'
Every week, the press officers compile the digital UvA agenda, an overview of doctorate degree conferrals, inaugural lectures, valedictory lectures and other UvA events. This agenda is also published on the UvAweb. In addition, the press officers issue press releases and are responsible for the news feed on the UvAweb.
'High Priorities', a film series about the UvA's research priority areas, is a collaboration between the UvA Press Office and the Audio Visual Centre (AVC).
The UvA Press Office
The UvA Press Office consists of:
- Yasha Lange: head of corporate communication and official spokesperson for the Executive Board
- Annelies van Dijk: spokesperson
- Laura Erdtsieck: press officer
- Kim Janssen: press officer
- Johan Rheeder: press officer
- UvA Press Office
- Postbus 19268
1000 GG Amsterdam
- T: +31 (0)20 525 2695 (this number can also be phoned outside office hours)
- F: +31 (0)20 525 4963
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org