The Master in Economics (MSc) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA) offers the following areas of specialisation: Behaviourial Economics & Game Theory, Industrial Organisation, Regulation & Competition Policy, Development Economics and International Economics & Globalisation.
Request the brochure
Get a clear overview of the programme in our 4 page brochure. Receive the brochure now (more than 90 downloaded per month).
The Master of Science in Economics has a strong international emphasis and offers a wide range of specialisations ranging from theoretical to applied.
More info about this programme? Check this recorded webinar.
One Master's, six tracks
The Master's programme in Economics offers six fascinating academic specialisation tracks:
- Markets and Regulation;
- Development Economics;
- Public Policy;
- Monetary Policy & Banking;
- International Economics & Globalisation;
- Behavioural Economics & Game Theory;
The programme in Economics provides you with an advanced level of understanding of the economics core (microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometrics) in combination with an upper-advanced level of understanding in your chosen specialisation.
After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree in Economics and the title Master of Science (MSc).
Amsterdam School of Economics (ASE)
The Amsterdam School of Economics (ASE) at the University of Amsterdam has an excellent reputation, with an international focus and many highly reputable researchers and teachers. The UvA is placed 57th in the 2016-2017 QS World University Rankings: a challenging environment where critical thinking and an independent and inquisitive mind can roam free. Thanks to a diverse influx of students and an active network of international alumni, you’ll be able to share memories with other ASE graduates for years to come.
Rankings and reputation
The University of Amsterdam offers a world class education:
- 57th in world and 1 st in Netherlands (QS World University Rankings 2016-2017);
- 45th worldwide in the Faculty Area Rankings for Social Sciences and Management (QS World University Rankings 2015-2016);
- 63th and 2nd in the Netherlands (Times Higher Education rankings 2016-2017);
- member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), an exclusive network of renowned research universities;
- member of Universitas 21, a network of 27 leading research-intensive universities in 17 countries;
- the Amsterdam School of Economics is an excellently ranked school with an international outlook and highly valued researchers and lecturers;
- The ASE has a highly diverse student body and a vibrant community of international alumni.
- Degree programme
- MSc Economics
- Regular study programme
- 60 ECTS, 12 months
- Language of instruction
- Starts in
- CROHO code