Security and Network Engineering
The Master’s programme Security and Network Engineering (SNE, formerly System and Netwerk Engineering) is a time intensive one year course at the University of Amsterdam (UvA). It allows students to specialise in Security and Network Engineering on a more theoretical level. With security as a vocal point in the programme for the last thirteen years, it prepares students for realistic situations outside of academics.
Security and network engineers
In a world that increasingly uses and depends on the technical ICT infrastructure, and where (cyber)security is an rising issue, security and network engineers are indispensable in the efficient and effective functioning and innovation of this infrastructure. Their expertise in technical details and understanding of the goals and needs of organisations and society ensure the correct management of the infrastructure.
Security and Network Engineering at the UvA is the study for you, if you
- have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent
- are ambitious and want to develop your knowledge and skills in the area of Security or Networking
- are looking for a technically challenging top rated Master’s programme, that is also available in part-time.
- want to be part of a small team of students and staff, that is permanently available for any questions that may arise
- want to work in the SNE lab with first class material at your own reserved work space and server space.
What does Security and Network Engineering at the UvA have to offer me?
SNE is the only academic Master's programme in The Netherlands that focuses on understanding, developing and maintaining complex IT systems and networks. It raises questions like:
- How do you apply different software components within a complex architecture, to end up with an efficiently working system?
SNE is unique because of:
- the focus on the patent OS3 principle (Open Standard, Open Software and Open Security), with openness and sharing of knowledge as key conviction
- the individual guidance by the top-notch teaching staff, with extensive experience in both research and industry
- the strong social cohesion amongst the highly motivated, skilled and international student population
- the uniquely designed SNE lab
- focus on two important topics: Networking and Security
- the possibility to work with respected academic institutes and relevant organisations during your research projects
- the many guest lectures by leading professionals from consultancy firms, financial institutes and research institutes
- the field trip abroad to learn more about a specific project or institute (like CERN in Switzerland), and about each other.
- Degree programme
- MSc Security and Network Engineering
- Regular study programme
- Full-time, part-time
- 60 ECTS, 12 months
- Language of instruction
- Starts in
- CROHO code