Econometrics: Big Data Business Analytics (track)
More info about this programme? Check this recorded webinar.
The Big Data Business Analytics track of the Master’s in Econometrics programme is designed with the help of leading Big Data companies to connect one of the most promising developments in today's business with the econometrics curriculum. Unravel and interpret correlations among the petabytes of complex data generated every day by social media and the internet in general.
- Prepare for a career as a Big Data specialist in the economics and business environment;
- acquire a deep insight into developments that are revolutionising today's economy;
- become an expert in a new field that taps into the surge of consumer data.
One Master’s programme, five tracks
The Master’s in Econometrics offers you the option to choose one of five top-level academic specialisation tracks:
Each track offers electives as well as fieldwork courses for you to choose from.
After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree in Econometrics and the title Master of Science (MSc).
You can combine this programme with a MSc in Mathematics for a double degree. For more information on this option, click on the link below.
Amsterdam School of Economics (ASE)
The Amsterdam School of Economics (ASE) at the University of Amsterdam has an excellent reputation, with an international focus and many highly reputable researchers and teachers. The UvA is placed 57th in the 2016-2017 QS World University Rankings: a challenging environment where critical thinking and an independent and inquisitive mind can roam free. Thanks to a diverse influx of students and an active network of international alumni, you’ll be able to share memories with other ASE graduates for years to come.
Rankings and reputation
- 57th in world and 1 st in Netherlands (QS World University Rankings 2016-2017);
- 45th worldwide in the Faculty Area Rankings for Social Sciences and Management (QS World University Rankings 2015-2016);
- 63th and 2nd in the Netherlands (Times Higher Education rankings 2016-2017);
- member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), an exclusive network of renowned research universities;
- member of Universitas 21, a network of 27 leading research-intensive universities in 17 countries;
- the Amsterdam School of Economics is an excellently ranked school with an international outlook and highly valued researchers and lecturers;
- The ASE has a highly diverse student body and a vibrant community of international alumni.
- MSc Econometrics
- 60 EC, 12 maanden