- MSc Software Engineering
- Regulier onderwijs
- Voltijd, deeltijd
- 60 EC, 12 maanden
You already know how to code. And over the years you've gained the necessary theoretical and practical experience. But you want more. You want to take your qualities as a software engineer to the next level. To work with other software engineers on realistic, complicated issues. To solve isolated technical problems, but also to operate within the whole dynamic and extensive field that software engineering is. To not just know the how, but to understand the why.
Is Software Engineering at the UvA the study for me?
It is, if you:
- have a solid technological basis and a fundamental understanding of computer science and software
- want to study software engineering on an academic level
- are curious and like being challenged by complex software issues
- want to learn how to make thorough strategic decisions
- want to learn how to collaborate ánd negotiate effectively
- are critical, but also innovative and open for discussion
What does Software Engineering at the UvA have to offer me?
The programme concerns the broad field of software engineering, a field that is in constant movement due to innovations in technology, design patterns and techniques. Software engineering distinguishes itself from classical computer science by its focus on human factors, system size and complexity of requirements. We believe a good software engineer is comparable to a good researcher, we teach you how to acquire relevant knowledge and how to reflect on your assumptions and ideas, by giving you:
- technical courses covering software quality, specification-based automated testing, automatic code analysis, automatic code transformation and development of domain specific languages
non-technical, people-oriented courses on software architecture, requirements engineering and organisational aspects of software engineering
- a very intensive programme filled with challenging assignments, wherein 40 hour-weeks are the rule rather than the exception
- an intensive and personal learning environment, where staff members are always open to questions and discussions
- continuous feedback through weekly paper sessions and progress meetings, wherein we work on your research skills
- a tight and engaged team of staff members, with solid practical experience as well as strong scientific reputation
- the option to study part-time next to a job
- a very promising career perspective.
- Thesis fair: connection with the industry
Whether you see your future in industry or in research, the staff of this Master's programme has just one mission: to make you a better software engineer and designer, who can make significant contributions to software (research) questions and projects.