dhr. A. (Arjan) Nuijten MA
Faculteit der Geesteswetenschappen
Kloveniersburgwal 48 Kamernummer: C 1.04
1012 CX Amsterdam
Urban Challenges, Urban Answers: Drug policies at a local level in the Netherlands since 1945.
Part of the Project: The Imperative of Regulation: local and (trans-) national dynamics of drug regulatory regimes in the Netherlands since the Second World War
- Promotor: Prof. Dr. James Kennedy (University College Utrecht)
- Co-Promotor: Prof. Dr. Gemma Blok (University of Amsterdam
- Amsterdam School of Historical Studies (ASH), PhD-representative
- Research School Political History (RSPH), PhD-Councilmember
- ‘How different are the Dutch and German (illegal) drug policies?’, JU Garching Symposium ‘Let’s talk about drugs’, Garching, Germany, 4 October 2016.
- ‘Abolishing Needle Park, Changing local drug policy and drug debates in the Netherlands after the advent of HIV/AIDS. A casestudy of the city of Arnhem.’, Conference ‘AIDS, Drugs, and the Histories of European Public Health Policies since the 1960s’, University of Basel, October 6-7 2016.
- ‘Abolishing Needle Park, Changing local drug policy in the Netherlands after the advent of HIV/AIDS. Extended version.’, Seminar at Amsterdam Centre for Urban History, The Netherlands, 23 March 2017.