You can apply for the Erasmus programme if:
- your university has an Erasmus exchange agreement with the University of Amsterdam's Faculty of Science, and
- you are nominated for an exchange to the Faculty of Science by the Erasmus coordinator of your faculty or home university, and
- you have received an invitation to start you application, from the University of Amsterdam Faculty of Science Exchange Office.
For more information, please contact the Erasmus programme coordinator of your faculty or home university.
The application form can be found below. Notice that you need to upload the following documents in PDF or JPG format. You should title the documents as listed in italic below:
- Transcript of records in English (bachelor and master) - Name Surname TOR
- Scan of passport or ID card (front and back) - Name Surname ID
- Proof of English proficiency - Name Surname ENGLISH (see below 'Language requirements' for additional information)
NOTE: Only students with a degree comparable to a Dutch Bachelor's degree can apply for Master's courses.
The deadline for semester 2, 2019-2020 applications is 15 October 2019, 23:59 CET.
Deadlines and academic calendar
The application deadline for the Erasmus exchange is:
- 1 May for the first semester/full year starting in September
(nomination deadline by home university: 1 April)
- 15 October for the second semester starting in February
(nomination deadline by home university: 1 October)
Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed.
Erasmus students who want to take courses at the UvA have to be in Amsterdam when the courses start. You will not be allowed to take a course if you have missed the first class(es).
Please note that the academic year in the Netherlands may differ from your home university.
UvA Academic Calendar
Bachelor's (undergraduate) level:
- Students holding an EU nationality applying for bachelor courses (except courses in Future Planet Studies) can hand in their Online Linguistic Support (OLS) results. The minimum required level is B2.
- Students holding a non-EU nationality who are applying for bachelor courses must show proof of English proficiency by handing in one of the official tests indicated below. OLS is not accepted.
- Students applying for courses of the bachelor programme Future Planet Studies must show proof of English proficiency by handing in one of the official tests indicated below. OLS is not accepted.
Master's (graduate) level
Students applying for master courses must always show proof of English proficiency by one of the official tests indicated below. OLS is not accepted.
- TOEFL (ibt): Minimum 90 overall score. Minimum score 20 per component.
- IELTS (academic): Minimum 6,5-7 overall score, depending on the programme. Minimum score 6 per component.
- Cambridge CPE / Cambridge CAE: Minimum grade C.
Only accepted for students with an EU nationality enrolling for bachelor courses (except for Future Planet Studies):
- Online Linguistic Support (OLS): Level B2
NOTE: The following students do not have to upload an official proof of English proficiency:
Native speakers are not required to hand in a proof of English proficiency. They can upload their transcript of records instead of the proof of English proficiency.
Students who are enrolled in a fully English taught bachelor or master programme at their home university, must upload a statement from a university administrator stating the programme is fully taught in English.
NOTE: Exchange students who wish to participate in Dutch taught courses must have obtained the Dutch NT2 (programme II, B2).
Application Form Erasmus