Online open day
Do you want to know more about Corporate Communication? You can visit our online open day page any time to delve into this study programme. Watch videos, talk to students and deepen your knowledge. Or sign up for an online event or open day.
Discover the Master’s programme & tracks
Within the Master's Communication Science you specialize in one of the following four tracks:
- Corporate Communication (Communication Science)
- Entertainment Communication (Communication Science)
- Persuasive Communication (Communication Science)
- Political Communication (Communication Science)
The Corporate Communication track seminars will teach students to look at communication and organisations from two distinct perspectives (meso level of organisations; macro level of media). The track has two specialization seminars: (a) Strategic Communication and (b) Organisations, Media and Society.
The Strategic Communication course will discuss relevant themes, theories, and developments from the meso-level of the organisation. Throughout this course, communication themes and questions that are directly relevant for communication professionals take center stage. Example topics that will be discussed in this course include sensemaking and organisational change, stakeholder dialogues and co-creation, stereotyping in organisations, and employees as ambassadors of the organisation.
The Organisations, Media and Society course will discuss relevant themes, theories, and developments from the macro level of the media. This course will focus on topics like organisational legitimacy and issue arenas, and the role of societal developments such as polarization, artificial intelligence, and mediatization therein.
Why study Communication Science at the UvA?
The knowledge and skills acquired during the course provide an effective grounding for positions in communication research, communication advice and management. Our alumni are (inter)national experts working at different types of organisations, for example, Coca Cola, KLM, Unilever, Greenpeace, ING, governmental or non-profit organisations or started their own company focusing on communication advice or Public Relations.
Is the Master's track: Corporate Communication for you?
- want to learn know how organisations are affected by today’s media landscape and how they can strategically act in such an environment that is characterized by mediatization and polarization?
- want to bring a timely and critical contribution to the societal debates about corporations and their communication regarding environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities?
- understand what organisations can learn from so-called big data, like their interactions with users on social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram), websites, or other digital environments?
- want to better understand how large corporations grow more powerful in societies through their engagement with socio-political issues?
- Have an interest in communication questions within organisations, like organisational culture or identity or implementing change processes?
Then Corporate Communication is the right Master's track for you!