In addition, you gain theoretical knowledge on entrepreneurship. This programme started in 2007 and has already brought to life hundreds of start-ups. Check www.startupandrunning.nl for an overview of current and former start-ups from this minor.
This is a great minor! Setting up my start-up, AcaBoo, is an interesting experience. The team is still fully dedicated and AcaBoo is making huge progress. The new skills and knowledge I gained during the minor are extremely useful in pursuing my entrepreneurial career.Mikel Palokaj, CEO at AcaBoo - minor 2017-2018
The minor Entrepreneurship contains 30 EC and has to be completed in 1 semester. Please note that starting a new business takes a lot of time and the minor Entrepreneurship is a full-time programme. You are advised NOT to choose this minor if you cannot fully commit to the programme.
Cases in Entrepreneurship???studyprogramme .period??? 16
Startup Psychology???studyprogramme .period??? 26
Entrepreneurship in Practice1—318
- This minor is open for students who have successfully completed their first-year programme (60 EC) of a programme at a research university (WO) or a university of applied science (HBO).
- No other prior knowledge is required.
Application and Admission
This minor has a limited capacity and works on a first come first serve basis. Please note that you can only apply for one minor at the Faculty of Economics and Business. All other applications at our Faculty will not be taken into consideration. What do you need to apply?
- Sign up as an elective student (bijvak student) for Bachelor's in Business Administration in Studielink before 8 May. Important: make sure that your start date is 1 September 2022. You will not be able to sign up for the minor without enrolment.
- a signed and stamped transcript of grades.
- Assignment: develop a business idea in a Lean Canvas, see below
We want to challenge you to fill out a business idea in a Lean Canvas. It's to see to what extent you're able to come up with a consistent business idea (at least in theory). It's ok if your business idea is still very early stage and chances are relatively high that you will not use this idea during the minor at all. However, feel free to already start exploring whether this idea is worth pursuing.
Free tool to create your Lean Canvas:
1) Create an account
2) Click on My Projects
3) Start your first project
4) Fill out the Lean Canvas
5) When you're done, click the three bullets on the right and export as pdf
Or use this pdf.
Unfortunately, this minor is at capacity. You can still apply for the waiting list or have a look at the other minors offered at the UvA.
More info and contact
For more general information about taking a minor, visit the student website about minors at UvA Economics and Business. Or you can contact the Education Desk.