Would you like to find out if the Research Master Child Development and Education is the right programme for you? Sign up to attend the next Master’s Week or register to receive updates about the Master’s programme.
Discover the Master’s programme
In the programme students can either focus on child development, education or clinical topics, which all result in a Master of Science (MSc) degree. Focusing on clinical topics gives Dutch-speaking students the opportunity to take a fast track into the Dutch-taught master programmes Forensische Orthopedagogiek (Forensic Youth Care) or Orthopedagogiek (Orthopedagogics), qualifying them as “basis-orthopedagoog” (basic remedial educationalist), which allows them to follow continuation courses for clinical professions in the Netherlands.
- You will follow courses in the field of child development and education, while improving your statistical skills and acquiring research practice.
- You will study in a highly interactive setting, with lots of personal attention and feedback.
- Following your research interests, you can design your own personal programme,.
- You may benefit from the department's extensive experimental research facilities.
Why the Research Master's Child Development and Education?
The staff teaching in the research master’s programme is internationally renowned for its research excellence. At the last national research audit, the research at the Department of Child Development and Education has been qualified as excellent on all aspects.
After completion of the programme, you are qualified to apply for an existing PhD project or to create your own PhD project by submitting a PhD project proposal and applying for a research grant. You can also apply for a position in applied research, work as a data scientist or as policy adviser in the field of child development and education.
Is the Reseach master's Child Development and Education for you?
Do you have:
- a university level bachelor’s degree in child development, education, developmental psychology, or a related field?
- basic knowledge of quantitative research methods and statistics?
- excellent study results?
- good writing skills?
- sufficient active and passive proficiency in English?
- an active interest in research?
- the ambition to become a researcher?
Then the Research Master Child Development and Education is the right programme for you!
Alumna Çisem Gürel