Who can apply?
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for the AMS scholarship. The applicant should:
- hold a non-EEA nationality or nationalities only;
- not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan ( Studiefinanciering);
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA;
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship;
- have submitted a complete application to one of the (Master’s) programmes of the UvA;
- have been (or will be) admitted to one of the (Master’s) programmes of the UvA;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
How to apply
Selected students for our Research Master's programme who meet the criteria (please check them first!) wishing to apply for an AMS scholarship should send an email with their letter of motivation and a budget plan attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to apply
Applications for an AMS scholarship for the Research Master’s programme Child Development and Education should be submitted before 15 January 2022 ( for starting in September 2022).
Only students who have been admitted to the Research Master's programme Child Development and Education or to the Master's programme Pedagogical Sciences, track Youth at Risk, can be awarded a scholarship. Selection will take place in June. Applicants will be notified before the end of June.
Please note that the scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver. The applicant must still pay the full tuition fee. The scholarship can vary between €2,000 and €12,000.
Amsterdam Merit Scholarships are only awarded to applicants who have been admitted to the Research Master's programme of the Graduate School of Child Development and Education. A scholarship granted for a specific academic year cannot be transferred to another academic year. Students who have been granted an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship are required to assent to the conditions for applying to the scholarship in writing before the scholarship amount will be transferred.