For the September start, you must obtain your diploma before:
- 1 August applicable for non-EU/EEA nationality with a non-Dutch degree
- 1 September applicable for EU/EEA nationality or non-EU/EEA nationality with a Dutch degree
For the February start, you must obtain your diploma before:
- 1 January applicable for non-EU/EEA nationality with a non-Dutch degree
- 1 February applicable for EU/EEA nationality or non-EU/EEA nationality with a Dutch degree
In case you do not yet have a hard copy of your diploma, a declaration of graduation will suffice.
1. I have a Bachelor's degree in Communication Science at the UvA or at a select other Dutch university
You are directly admissible to the Master’s programme if you obtained your Bachelor’s degree in:
- Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam
- Communication Science at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Communication Science at Universiteit Twente
- Communication Science at Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen
- Communication and Media at the Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam (International Bachelor’s)
After you enrol for the Master’s programme in Studielink, the Central Student Administration will send you an unconditional admission letter as soon as you’ve graduated. This means you are automatically enrolled and there is no need to request admission. Please make sure to enrol before 1 May (September start) or before 1 December (February start) to make sure you will receive information on how to register for your courses in time. If you don’t register for your courses during course registration, we can’t guarantee a place in the courses. You can also register for the track of your choice during the course registration.
Our administration will send you more information about course registration, extending immigration and introduction days in May and July (September start) or November and December (February start).
2. I have another Bachelor’s degree
If you did not obtain your Bachelor’s degree in Communication Science at the University of Amsterdam or one of the other universities mentioned above, you need to request admission to the Master's programme. To find out more about your application procedure, choose one of the options below.
Interested in doing our Research Master's?
Find out more about the study programme and the application process for the 2-year Research Master’s programme.
Any further questions?
Please read our FAQ through the button below. If that does not answer your question, you can reach out to our Admissions Office.