Applying for a degree programme
Every programme at the University of Amsterdam has its own entry requirements, application procedure and deadlines. You can find the general steps below.
On this page:
- Choose an English-taught programme or a Dutch-taught programme (to see the specific application procedure)
- Check the entry requirements and application deadlines
- Submit enrolment application in Studielink (before the application deadline)
- Submit your application form
- Register for and participate in UvA Matching* or the selection procedure**
- Pay the tuition fee (after admission)
(Non-selective English-taught Bachelor’s programmes)
UvA Matching is an (online) introduction to the Bachelor’s programme for which you are applying. It is a mandatory part of the application procedure for all non-selective Bachelor’s programmes.
(Selective English-taught Bachelor's programmes)
The UvA offers three selective Bachelor’s programmes taught in English. A limited number of places are available for these programmes and places are offered based on a selection procedure.
- Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics
- Liberal Arts and Sciences (Amsterdam University College)