For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.
The enrolment deadline for bachelor programmes starting on 1 September is 1 May.

An enrolment request submitted in Studielink after 1 May, will only be accepted in the following exceptional situations:

1.  If you have not been offered a placement in a selective admission degree programme at a Dutch institution of higher education, for which you have taken part in the selection procedure.

2.  If you submitted an enrolment application at a Dutch institution of higher education no later than 1 May.

3.  If you submitted an enrolment application for a different degree programme at the UvA and will take part in the Matching for this programme before 1 September.

4.  If you were unable to submit an enrolment application before the 1 May closing date due to circumstances beyond your control.

5. If you were issued a negative binding advice (BSA) regarding the continuation of your studies in the previous academic year.

6. If you have previously been enrolled in a UvA Bachelor's programme or are currently enrolled at the UvA and wish to switch programmes or enrol in a second programme.


  • If you are registered at the UvA and you would like to switch to a programme at the UvA, the advisory deadline to submit your enrolment request in Studielink is 1 August.
  • Because of the visa-procedure, students with a Dutch residence permit with the restriction 'study' from another Dutch educational institution need to submit their enrolment request before 1 July

Non-EU/EEA student

If you are a non-EU/EEA student, you always need to comply with the requirements of your student residence permit and visa, also when you switch programmes. By law, in order to stay in the Netherlands,  you need to obtain 50% of the credits of your study programme each year. Furthermore, there can be other restrictions on switching programmes due to your visa and Binding Study Advice (BSA). Please contact a student counsellor to discuss your options.