Step 1: Read all the information before you apply
- Please carefully read all of the information below before you start your application through Studielink.
- You are advised to start the application procedure three to six months prior to the programme’s deadline because obtaining the necessary documents can require a lot of time.
- Be aware that learning Dutch may take up to a full academic year for complete beginners.
- Please note: to apply for an English-taught programme, you will need to follow the application procedure for English-taught programmes.
Step 2: Check if your diploma is sufficient
- Before you apply for enrolment in Studielink for a degree programme, you should check whether your diploma is sufficient to be admitted to a Bachelor’s programme at the University of Amsterdam.
- View the list of approved qualifications.
Step 3: Check additional requirements
- For many degree programmes, additional entry requirements may apply, such as a mathematics test or prerequisite courses.
- To check these additional requirements, select your study programme from the list below and check the requirements listed under Step 2 on the page ‘Toelating en inschrijving’.
All Bachelor's programmes (Dutch and English)
Step 4: English proficiency
- Although the study programmes are taught in Dutch, most of the reading materials and some of the lectures are in English. All prospective students must therefore be proficient in English.
- Find out more about the English language requirements.
Step 5: Dutch proficiency
- Prospective students must be proficient in Dutch to start a Dutch-taught programme. If your preparatory education is sufficient, you will receive a separate invitation for a Dutch language course after you have submitted your application.
- You can also choose to prepare for the NT2 Programme II Dutch language proficiency exam in your own country.
- Find out more about the Dutch language requirements.
Step 6: Apply
- Now that you have read all the information, you can go to Studielink to apply.
- After you have completed your application, you will be informed by email about the next steps.
- Please make sure that the email address you enter in Studielink is correct.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Central Student Service Desk.