International Staff Week
8-12 April 2019
The University of Amsterdam and University of Edinburgh are proud to present the International Staff Week ‘Welcome to the international arena’, which provides participants with the unique opportunity to visit two universities in two countries in one week.
On this page:
Welcome to the international arena!
Starting in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and proceeding midweek to Edinburgh, UK, delegates will be immersed in an interactive learning environment enabling them to:
- Develop personal and professional skills relating to cutting edge topics in student mobility and intercultural competence.
- Participate in various social and cultural events
- Network with colleagues from an international range of institutions
What to expect
For a provisional programme of the International Staff Week 2019, please view the programme.
This week provides us with an opportunity to share our thoughts, experiences and best practice in intercultural competence, personal skills development and student mobility. All delegates will be asked to contribute to our sessions to add value to our programme!
International Staff Week 2018
Some delegate comments on the International Staff Week 2018:
The costs to participate in the International Staff Week are €300. This includes participation in the programme, lunch throughout the week, except the Wednesday, and two evening dinners. Hotel costs and airfare are not included.
We are pleased to offer a tuition waiver to participants of U21 and LERU partner institutions.
Registration period and deadline
- The training week is open to all staff working in the field of internationalisation.
- Unfortunately, we do not have enough capacity to accept those who work in other areas. A maximum of 2 participants per university will be considered to ensure diversity of the group.
- If we receive more applications than available spaces, there will be a selection process. The University of Amsterdam and the University of Edinburgh will work together to ensure we select the representatives who are the best match for our staff week theme, in order to maximise the outcomes of the week.
- Registration will open 1 December 2018 and close 31 January 2019.
- Confirmation of selected and non-selected delegates will be sent by email the first week of February 2019.
To register, please fill out and submit the application form.
If you have any questions about the International Staff Week or registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.