Urban Studies: Planning and Living in Cities
As our conceptions of space and how societal connections change, how do we cope with the evolution and development of cities in regards to housing and urban planning? What does it take to create a liveable urban environment, and how do inhabitants make use of space?
- Student profile ⇒ Current BA, current MA, Professionals
- Housing dates ⇒ 29 June afternoon - 23 July morning 2018
- Academic dates ⇒ 1 July - 20 July 2018
- Academic Directors ⇒ Dr. Richard Ronald
- Application deadline ⇒ Applications Closed
- Trip to Belgium ⇒ Included
Why join this programme?
In this three-week programme students will explore the fundamental issues that are shaping the development and evolution of cities in the 21st century. With a focus on real urban places, set in both contemporary and historical contexts, the course will examine subjects such as neighborhood development and regeneration, housing finance and policy, city planning and sustainability, and the impact of household and demographic change on urban lives and spaces
- 6 ECTS, 3 weeks
- Language of instruction
- Starts in