For best experience please turn on javascript and use a modern browser!
You are using a browser that is no longer supported by Microsoft. Please upgrade your browser. The site may not present itself correctly if you continue browsing.

International students

Do you have a specific question about your situation, please contact the education office of your faculty or the Central Student Service Desk.

FAQs per topic

Find information about each topic in our list of FAQs.


  • Can I travel to the Netherlands as a non-EU/EEA student?

    As a student you are exempted from the EU travel ban and you are allowed to travel to the Netherlands if you have received the IND decision letter stating that you will receive a residence permit for study. You will receive this IND decision letter from the immigration office of the UvA. You have to carry this with you while you travel.

    You must bring the letter stating that you will receive a residence permit (kennisgeving) when you travel to the Netherlands. If a family member is accompanying, they must have a copy of your IND letter as well.

Corona-virus measures in the Netherlands, vaccines and self-quarantine

Application & admission

For questions regarding Application & Admission please visit this page.

Inbound exchange (international students coming to the UvA)

For Covid-related questions on international exchange students coming to the UvA, please visit the inbound exchange FAQ.

Outbound Study Abroad (current UvA students going abroad)

For Covid-related questions on current UvA students going abroad on an exchange programme, internship or graduation project, please visit the outbound Study Abroad FAQ.