Amsterdam Economics and Business Talent Fund
We aim to attract the world’s brightest students to our international classrooms. The Amsterdam Economics and Business Talent Fund scholarships are awarded based on merit and financial need. Students with a Non-EU nationality can apply for this full scholarship for one year. The scholarship is open for the 1 year MSc programmes offered by Economics and Business.
The deadline is 15 January 2023 for September 2023 intake.
To be considered for the scholarship applicants need to meet the following general criteria:
- hold non-EU nationality only
- have no financial possibility to pay for a MSc study
- have excellent academic results, in the top percentile
- not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan ("Studiefinanciering")
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the scholarship
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes of Economics and Business before 15 January
- be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
- submit a complete application before 15 January, including the documents mentioned under Selection criteria and Application process.
The best candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of their academic excellence, promise in the field and financial situation. This means that your application will be compared with other applicaions for the available scholarships. You need to provide:
- Proof of an outstanding GPA at least (Magna) Cum Laude (Dutch system), a first-class honors (UK) or 3.7 (USA).
- Motivation letter: use no more than 300 words to tell us why you deserve the scholarship and how this scholarship will help financially
- Information on your financial situation, to prove your financial need. You must submit proof of family income: the most recent income tax statement(s) for both parents/guardians or 3 recent salary slips indicating gross income. Include records of any other income such as benefits or pensions in English. If the documents are in another language, please include a translation of relevant parts, no official translation is needed. Upload in one document. This information will be kept strictly confidential (additional information can be requested after application).
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)*:
- TOEFL IBT: overall score of 100 (minimum score of 22 in each component, higher subscores give you an advantage);
- IELTS (Academic test): overall score of 7.0 (minimum score of 7.0 in each component, you can apply with a subscore of 6.5 but higher subscores give you an advantage);
- Cambridge Assessment English: Certificate in Advanced English: 190 points overall and in each skill or Certificate of Proficiency in English: 190 points overall and in each skill.
- GMAT/GRE** test (if applicable) with at least the expected scores for the programme, see admission and application info for the programme. A high score gives you an advantage.
*You are exempted from taking the English test if you have a secondary school diploma from a school located in and accredited by the respective authorities in Australia, Canada (except Quebec), Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, or the US. See all exemptions on the programme website.
** You might be exempted from the GMAT/GRE based on mutual agreements from these universities or if tje test is not necessary for the MSc programme application (UvA Economics and Business students, MPQ etc)..
Apply for the MSc programme via Studielink and the online application form (Embark)
In addition, please upload the following documents under the scholarship section in Embark:
- Recommendation letter by a dean, teacher, or academic supervisor that also confirms that you belong to the top 10% of your class or year
- A statement from the university or other instance that explains the financial need of the scholarships (additional information can be requested after application).
- Motivation letter explaining (300 words):
- Why would you deserve a Scholarship? Include a description of academic excellence and if applicable other academic merits
- How this scholarship will help financially including a declaration that the information provided is true and correct
Please note: We will only take your application for the scholarship into consideration if it is complete before the deadline of 15 January.
For OnCampus students and students from UvA Economics and Business:
Please apply for the scholarship in Embark. The application will open 11 October. The deadline for applying for the scholarship is 15 January.
The best candidates will be placed for selection. If a specific test is not required for the programme application (UvA Economics and Business, OnCampus etc), it is not required for the scholarship application.
Please contact us through this form.