Would you like to find out if Conflict Resolution and Governance is the right programme for you? Sign up to attend the next Master’s Week or register to receive updates about the Master’s programme.
You are given the opportunity to develop a command of diverse resources needed to respond to analytical challenges presented by local, regional, and global conflicts and to situate contemporary events in a historical and comparative perspective.
The case-oriented approach of the programme helps you to develop skills and experience through the analysis of action in settings that are grounded in comparative and historical perspectives.
Rigourous and intensive programme
Diverse student group
Graduates from the Master's in Conflict Resolution and Governance find positions like:
- Development expert in Fragile States
- Business Development Manager at Cordaid Urban Matters
- Lecturer, tutor and thesis supervisor at UvA’s College of Social Sciences
- Assistant at Stichting Bescherming Burgerrechten, a civil rights organisation
Within the programme, the academic study and the practical study are inextricably linked - Cory Fletcher, alumna in Conflict Resolution and Governance
All lecturers in the Master’s programme in Conflict Resolution and Governance are prominent researchers at the Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR). This connection with the AISSR provides students with access to various academic opportunities.
Is Conflict Resolution and Governance for you?
- Would you like to know more about conflicts?
- Their shifts in character and significance?
- The possibilities for actions in real-life situations?
- And how to transform conflict into a resource for democratic governance?
Then Conflict Resolution and Governance might be the right programme for you!