Samaneh Assadi Nowghabi
Academic and Educational Background:
2017- 2022: Researcher in Cultural & Media Studies (External Ph.D. candidate), University of Amsterdam (ASCA department), Amsterdam, the Netherlands
2014-2016: M.A in Middle Eastern Studies, Leiden University of the Netherlands.
2008-2012: M.A in Persian Language and Literature, University of Mashhad, Iran.
2002-2006: B.A in Persian Language and Literature, University of Mashhad, Iran.
2000-2002: Studying Applied Mathematics for two years, University of Mashhad, Iran.
2000: High school diploma in Mathematics, Mashhad, Iran. (2000) Professional Background
Jobs & Professional Background:
2o21-2022: Remote research assistant for the Ph.D. project "The Indo-European Telegraph Department in the Persian Gulf and the Creation and management of British Imperial Frontiers", University of Greenwich (History department), London.
2019-2020: Content analyst & evaluator at Elsevier Company (Academic data-bank), the Netherlands, Amsterdam.
2015-2016: Remote research assistant, report writer, and team member in The Hague Center for Strategic Studies, the Netherlands, The Hague.
2015-2016: Translator at Refugees' Library, Berlin.
2014- 2016: Head of Afra English Institute, Mashad, Iran.
2010-2014: University Assistant and instructor, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
2008 -2016: Member of the Pole Center for Ferdowsi Studies, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
2008- 2014: English Instructor at Afra English institute, and Iran-Dokht high school, Mashhad, Iran.
2008-2014: The conductor of poetry and story workshops, Iran-Dokht high school, Mashhad, Iran.
2007-2014: Instructor for Persian literature, Iran-Dokht high school, Mashhad, Iran.
2010: Translator for Shahr-Ara newspaper, Mashhad, Iran.
2004-2008: The conductor of poetry and story workshops, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran.
Research, Presentations, Proceedings, and Published Works
1. Ph.D. project Visualization of Rage, Agony, and Violence in Iranian Cinema from 2013 to 2021. University of Amsterdam (ASCA).
2. (Presentation at International Conference) Structures and Voices: Storytelling in Post- Digital Times, The NECS, Gedansk (Poland), June 2019.
3. (Presentation at International Conference) Media Tactics and Engagement, The NECS, Amsterdam, June 2018.
4. Master thesis "A Content Analysis of Mīrzādi' Ishqī's Play Ideals of the Old Peasant," Leiden University, 2016.
5. Project "StartMon 2016-Metafore for the HCSS", The Hague Center for Strategic Studies, Netherlands, 2016.
6. Master thesis "A Psycho-Analysis on Three Short Stories of Sadegh Hedayat based on Freud's Theories," Mashhad University, 2012.
7. Article) "A comparison of Farri in Ḥikmat-e Khusravānī and Nūr in Ḥikmat-e Ishrāq," The Collection of the first national annual festival of Persian language and literature's Articles, The Payam-Noor University of Mashhad, (2011): 41-64.
8. (Article) " Objectivity and Subjectivityin Poem by Qeysar Aminpoor," The selected work of the literary researches of the national festival of Iranian youth, Iran, Tehran: National Youth Organization (2011): 78-93.
9. (Article) "Story Elements and Content Analysis of the Story Khīsh-Khāni Harāt by Beyhaqī", Peyk-i Nūr journal of Payam-Noor university, Mashhad, (2011): 72-80.
10. (Poetry collection) "A lady of May," Mashhad: Shamloo, 2010.
11. (Article) "The Role of Fictional Children Literature in the Formation of Children's Personality, Focusing on Book Treatment Paradigm", The Collection of the Articles of the fourth national gathering of the 'Union for Persian Language and Literature,'Tabriz, (2010): 135- 151.
12. (Article) "Editing workshop," Translator (Mutarjim) journal, vol 17, No. 45, Mashhad, (2010): 102- 105.
13. (Article for the memorial of 'Manouchehr Ehterami) "Manouchehr Ehterami Left Us," New Year feature of Quds newspaper, Mashhad, (2010), 33-35.
14. (Translation) "Mashhad 86th book of theatre", Mashhad, 2009.
15. (Series of short stories) "The passenger of the desert," Iran, Mashhad, 2002.
Awards and Competitions
Spuistraat 134, 1012 VB