- Prior, Y., M. van der Laaken & R. van der Zwaard (2009). “Artspeak: Articulating Artistic Process Across Cultural Boundaries through Digital Theatre.” International Journal of the Arts in Society 4(3), 433-446.
- Prior Y., L. Johnson & R. van der Zwaard (2011). “e-Learning through digital theatre: breaking down the tyranny of distance and the limits of location”. International Journal of Ubiquitous Learning 3, 1-14.
- Van der Zwaard, R., & A. Bannink (2014). Video call or chat? Negotiation of meaning and issues of face in telecollaboration. System, 44, 137-148.
- Van der Zwaard, R. & A. Bannink (2016). Nonoccurrence of Negotiation of Meaning in Task‐Based Synchronous Computer‐Mediated Communication. The Modern Language Journal, 100(3), 625-640.
- Cohen, I. & R. Van der Zwaard (2016). I’m leaving and I’m never coming back: The complexity of translating simple short stories. In Bannink, A. & Honselaar W. (eds), From Variation to Iconicity. Amsterdam: Pegasus.
- Van der Zwaard, R. (2017). Patterns of (negotiated) interaction during task-based telecollaboration between native and advanced non-native speakers. PhD dissertation published by LOT, Utrecht.
- Van der Zwaard, R. & A. Bannink (under review). NNS/NS interaction in dyadic task-based SCMC: Task-appropriate versus face-appropriate behaviour. CALICO.
- Van der Zwaard & A. Bannink (under review). Reversal of participation roles in NS-NNS synchronous telecollaboration. RECALL.
- Van der Zwaard & A. Bannink (in preparation). Towards a model for dyadic telecollaboration.
Presentations at conferences and invited lectures:
- Anéla - Dutch Society for Applied Linguistics. Utrecht University, The Netherlands (2008).
- The Arts in Society. Ca'Foscari University, Venice, Italy (2009).
- Ubiquitous Leaning Conference. University of British Columbia, Canada (2010)
- Transcultural – Transnational – Transformation. Monash University, Melbourne Australia. (2010). Presentation through Skype in collaboration with Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia and British Museum, London, UK (see under Telecollaboration).
- Eurocall: The European Association for Computer-Assisted Language Learning. Gothenborg, Sweden (2012).
- Invited lecture at the Free University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands about digital collaboration between universities.
- CALICO: The Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium. University of Hawaii, Manoa, USA (2013).
- Anéla - Dutch Society for Applied Linguistics. Utrecht University, The Netherlands (2014).
- EuroCall: The European Association for Computer-Assisted Language Learning. University of Padova, Italy (2015).
- TBLT: Task-Based Language Teaching. Leuven University, Belgium (2015).
- Invited lecture at the University of Amsterdam (MA module Current Issues in Linguistics Research) (2015).
Unicollaboration: New Directions in Telecollaborative Research and Practice. Trinity University, Dublin, Ireland (2016).
Invited lecture at Ghent University, Belgium (2017).
Invited lecture at the University of Amsterdam. MA module Issues in Second Language Acquisition (2017).
EuroCall: The European Association for Computer-Assisted Language Learning. University of Southampton (2017).