Where do our graduates work?
The track provides a sound basis for various positions, such as:
- Research and health promotion (prevention and intervention) institutes; e.g. employee wellbeing, overeating, burnout, sexual health;
- Development and evaluation of prevention and intervention.
- Healthy behaviour professionals in primary care (NL: POH-GGZ, GGD);
- Researcher for e-health companies and start-ups;
- Researcher and research coordination at a university and/or research institute;
- Health communication;
- Health promotor;
- Advisor health behavior and public health.
Please note: as this is not a clinical Master’s track, completing it does not qualify you for clinical certification in the form of a Basisaantekening Psychodiagnostiek (Basic Qualification in Psychodiagnostics, a certificate issued by Dutch Institute for Psychologists) or a GZ-aantekening.
We keep in touch with our alumni, and follow their careers with our HP&BC alumni network. We also welcome their professional input for the track, for instance, in our practicals.
Career coaching during your Master's
You can make use of a wide variety of career tools and support from the UvA Student Careers Centre (SCC) during your studies. The SCC organises career events, workshops, training courses, as well as CV checks, interview practice sessions and much more.
The UvA Student Careers Centre organises several events for Master's students from all disciplines. They include workshops, labour market trends, inspiring speakers, CV check, contact with employers, having a professional LinkedIn photo taken and best practises for applying to jobs.