About the programme
With an EU Applied Sciences Bachelor’s degree related to Business Administration (e.g. Business Administration, Management, Economics or Commerce, Hotel Management) you will follow the full 30 EC programme and take all 6 courses.
Admission to the pre-Master’s Business Administration programme is highly selective. Please check the admission requirements for Bachelor's of Applied Sciences from another EU country before submitting your application.
Entry and selection requirements
Entry requirements consist of the minimum academic study and mathematics requirements which all candidates must achieve to qualify for admission. The selection is based on your GPA and GMAT score.
- 1. Bachelor's degree in a related field
Mathematics is a fundamental component of both the pre-Master’s and Master’s programme in Business Administration. An appropriate level of mathematics is therefore required prior to beginning the pre-Master’s programme.
Applicants with an international secondary school diploma may already meet this requirement, check the shortlist below to see whether this applies to you.
- International Baccalaureate: Math SL, HL, A&A SL or HL, A&I HL
- European Baccalaureate: 5-period Mathematics
- British A-levels: A-level certificate in Mathematics or Physics
- German Abitur: Mathematik prüfungsfach as Grundkurs or Leistungskurs
- French Baccalaureate: Mathematics as final exam
- Belgian Algemeen Secundair Onderwijs: Mathematics as final exam
If your diploma is not listed and you would like to know whether you meet the mathematics requirement, please check the Diploma Calculator.
If you do not meet the mathematic requirement you can take an extra exam at VWO Wiskunde A or B Mathematics Certificate from one of the following institutions:
- State Exam
- James Boswell Bèta
- Korteweg de Vries
- OMPT-F Students must score at least 60%, and are permitted only one attempt for this programme.
Note that the mathematics requirement must be fulfilled on or before the deadline. Applicants who do not meet the mathematics requirement are not eligible for admission.
3. English language proficiency
Our Master’s programmes are in English. Good English skills are essential for successful class participation and understanding. To ensure this, we'll assess your English skills through specific proficiency tests:
- TOEFL iBT Test: minimum total score of 92 with a minimum of 22 per section. You can use the institution code 9011 to have your score report sent to us.
- IELTS Academic: overall band score of: 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 per section. Please note that the IELTS Indicator test is not allowed.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced or C2 Proficiency: overall score of 180 and a minimum of 180 per skill.
Your English proficiency test score cannot be older than 2 years before the start date of your programme. For example, if you are applying for the September 2024 intake we do not accept English proficiency tests taken before September 2022.
Make sure you schedule your English proficiency test before the application deadline. Sufficient test scores received after the application deadline are accepted, as long as your English proficiency test was taken before the application deadline.
Did you obtain your previous education in the Netherlands, Ireland, or Malta? Find out if you can get an exemption from the English proficiency requirement.
4. GMAT test selection requirement
Good analytical writing and quantitative reasoning skills are crucial for starting in this Master’s programme. To ensure this, you need to provide a sufficient Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score. The GMAT test is replaced by the GMAT Focus test. If you have a valid score report of the old GMAT test, we still take this into consideration.
Tests and scores
GMAT Focus Edition: Minimum score: 535 and preferably 565
GMAT test (old edition): Minimum score: 560 and preferably 600
- Please note that completion of all sections of the exam is required.
- You can use the institution code 0500 to have your score report sent to us.
- The GMAT (Focus) Online Exam is allowed for the September 2024 intake.
Based on mutual agreements with certain universities, students might be exempted from the GMAT requirement. Check the list of universities to see whether this applies to you.
5. Grade Point Average (GPA) selection requirement
There are many more applications from qualified candidates than there are places in the programme. As a result, the Admissions Office selects applicants for the MSc Business Administration pre-Master’s programme based on their Grade Point Average (GPA).
Students are required to have a GPA of at least 7.5 in years 2 - 4 of their Bachelor’s programme in order to be eligible for selection.
This means that you are not automatically admitted when you have a 7.5 GPA, but that you will be considered for the selection and placed on the waiting list.
Send your GPA calculation along with your application. You can provide an updated transcript before the 1 May application deadline, updated transcripts after the 1 May will not be accepted. We do not have a reserve list after selection.
In total, there are 100 places available for students with a Bachelor’s Applied Science degree that will be given to the applicants with the highest GPA until all places are filled.
Application and Admission
Only fully completed applications inclusive of all documents will be processed. All applicants who have qualified for selection will be informed of the result of their application.