This 15EC Honours programme is open to highly motivated MSc BA students with a record of academic achievement, passion for sustainability and a strong drive to make a difference in the business world. You will use core business skills from your Master’s specialisation track to address environmental and social issues, and help businesses create impact.
Become a leader in sustainability
Creating a better and sustainable future for all is one of the biggest challenges of our time. To achieve the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, we need companies to take up their responsibility. This is already forcing firms to create new ways of thinking about products, technologies, processes and business models. Businesses must bring these ideas into practice by innovating designs, operations, marketing, logistics and services throughout the global value chain, and the entire product life cycle.
In order to do this, they need leaders who know what being a sustainable organisation entails, and what is necessary to get there.
Why apply for the Honours programme Sustainability?
The Honours programme Sustainability is your 1st big step in becoming a leader in sustainability. If you are ambitious and ready to put in the extra work, this programme is a great challenge and a perfect chance to stand out to future employers.
- Sustainability is one of the most important themes of our time and it is crucial to explore the role of business in sustainability. You will become an expert on sustainable innovation and circular economies and learn how to create the business models and partnerships needed to help businesses transition. Develop the leadership skills needed to create awareness, connect (with) people and motivate sustainable changes in behaviour.
- This Honours programme is an innovative and action-oriented programme with extensive involvement from leading practitioners from business, the public sector and civil society. You will build your sustainability network: visit organisations with some of the most innovative sustainability practices and get advice from our sustainability board.
- This is a small scale, interactive, co-created and tailor-made programme with lots of opportunities to make your voice heard.
The Honours programme (15EC) occurs concurrently with your 1-year MSc Business Administration, adding the following courses and projects to your study programme:
2 sustainability courses
- Sustainability, Circularity and Business
Learn about the key concepts of sustainability and their integration in economy and business.
- Partnerships for Sustainable Innovation
Learn how to create new business models and partnerships.
- Sustainability, Circularity and Business
- Capstone business project
Optional study abroad course
Building upon ABS’ existing relationship with an Indonesian university, you can participate in a summer course on sustainable entrepreneurship in developing markets.
Visits to local sustainable projects
Create a series of site visits with fellow students and meet leaders in sustainability. Learn from best practices, such as green businesses, LEED certified builders, city planners, environmental regulators and more. Sites and opportunities around Amsterdam are endless.
Co-creating a seminar series
Create a seminar series with fellow students, presenting eminent sustainability scholars, policy experts and business leaders.
Student vlogs Honours programme Sustainability
How to apply
The Sustainability Honours programme is selective and only available to the (approximately) 25 most motivated new MSc Business Administration students.
What you need to do:
- Apply to MSc Business Administration September intake.
- Wait for your admissions results. If you are admitted to the programme you will receive a conditional email.
- We will then email you instructions on how to apply for the Honours programme. In order to apply you need to provide us with your academic record, a letter of motivation and a letter of (academic) recommendation.
Selection will take place at the beginning of the academic year (September), based on the documents you provide and group diversity.
This Honours programme is only available to students starting their MSc Business Administration from September 2021.
For specific questions about the Honours programme Sustainability, please do not hesitate to contact us.