Brian Burgoon is Professor of International and Comparative Political Economy at the University of Amsterdam (UvA). He received his PhD from MIT in 1998 and has been on the UvA faculty since 2001, serving as Academic Director of the Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR) at the UvA from 2014 till December 2020. His research focuses on the politics of economic globalization; of welfare and labor-market policies and standards; and of how economic conditions influence political conflict.
- Professor of International and Comparative Political Economy at the Dept. of Political Science, UvA
- Member of AISSR Programme Group, Political Economy and Transnational Governance (PETGOV)
- Member of Amsterdam Center for Inequality Studies (AMCIS)
- Member of the Institute for Migration and Ethnic Studies (IMES)
- Member of Amsterdam Centre for European Studies (ACES)
- Secretary and Treasurer (of Board of Directors) Dialogue Advisory Group (DAG)
- PhD in Political Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), 1998 (see tab downloads for dissertation)