Help organisations improve
In the last decade, the amount of data has exploded due to internet/e-commerce services and social media. As a future business analyst, you look at how organisations and businesses operate. You investigate and analyse (big) data, interpret it, make recommendations and help develop and implement improvements.
You could help organisations and businesses tackle questions like:
- Can you predict a supermarket’s sales volume on 2 major holidays – Christmas and Easter?
- Can you identify the common skills and qualifications of the top-performing employees in our company?
- How can we use our credit card data to detect future fraud transactions?
- Is it possible to build a model that can discern whether a news piece is fake or not?
Find out what our new Bachelor's in Business Analytics is about, what you will learn and why this programme prepares you for the future.
Top-5 reasons to study Business Analytics at UvA
- Combine data science with strong (business) economic knowledge
You will learn how to solve complex business cases and problems by using AI/machine learning and computer science techniques within a business and organisational environment; from marketing and human resource management, to production, accounting and finance.
- Excellent career prospects
With the exploding amount of data available, more organisations are struggling how to harness, analyse, manage and use them. Data science experts that also understand how a business works, will be in high demand. Prepare for an impressive career at global companies, e.g. KLM, Google, Bol.com or ING. Or start up your own business.
- Profit from intensive coaching
During your 1st year with us you will receive intensive academic counselling. You can also count on individual support during the rest of your studies.
- Study in one of the most international and cultural cities in the world
Enjoy our lively campus in the heart of Amsterdam and be close to all the city has to offer. A great mix of cultures, a vibrant nightlife, historical and ultramodern architecture, art and culture and much more.
- Earn an internationally recognised BSc title
You will take the BSc Business Analytics at the Amsterdam Business School, part of the University of Amsterdam. Only a few Dutch universities have earned a place in the top 100 universities worldwide as we have. A BSc from the UvA immediately raises your profile on the international stage.
Business analysts are highly sought after on the labour market. The BSc Business Analytics is a great step to a Master’s programme or 1st job. As a qualified business analyst, you could work for:
- Multinational corporations
- consultancies and research agencies
- specialised analytics & data management firms
- technology and mobile-telecom companies
- financial institutions (national or European banks)
- insurance industry
- pension funds
- government institutions
- non-profit NGOs
- academia/ universities
- or start up your own firm
Is Business Analytics for you?
If you recognise yourself in the following profile, this BSc could be the right choice for you.
- You excel in mathematics.
- You like (business) economics.
- You have an interest in computers and programming
- You have an interest in how organisations work.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are capable of abstract and analytical thinking.
- You are capable of working independently and in groups.
- You show initiative.
Take 60 seconds to find out why you should study a Bachelor's programme in data science and business analytics.