Green Life Sciences will suit you, if you...
- Are interested in how organisms function at a genetic, biochemical and cellular level and how this translates to their ecology, evolution and usage.
- Want to learn how plants cope with abiotic stress such as drought or high salt levels in the soil, which is an increasing problem in agriculture.
- Want to investigate how pathogens and plagues (insects, mites) affect the plants' immune system.
- Want to study how outbreaks of pests can be predicted and circumvented, and how natural enemies can be used for pest control.
- Want to research the underlying mechanisms that lead to an enormous diversity of inflorescence and flower architectures in nature, which is in sharp contrast with the high conservation of gene and genome sequences.
- Are interested in the role of epigenetic mechanisms and chromatin structure in gene/genome regulation.
- Want to become an independent researcher by taking part in internships with internationally renowned scientists.
- Have the ambition to get down to the core of a scientific problem and are eager to discuss this at the highest level with your peers.
- Want to design your own study programme for example by following a professional specialisation in entrepreneurship.
Discover your programme
The Master's programme in Biological Sciences at the UvA offers 1 general track and specialisations in 4 tracks. Green Life Science is one of them. The other tracks are: